Monday, July 4, 2011

Week One - MTC

Hey family!!!! How is everybody????? i'm doing pretty good. This week was hard, but it will get better i know it!

first thing i need to do is let you guys and Rachel know that i haven't changed at all. the first day with my companion, Elder Heaps, i told him i wasn't shy and let out a big ole' "tut"!!!!! oh yeah it was great. the food here does some things to your bowels. Jeremiah 4:19 "my bowel, my bowels! i am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; i cannot hold my peace, because thou has heard, o my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war." :0) yep! everyone has gas so it's ok!

the days kind of blur together. i'm not sure what i have done on what day! we go to class and study then study more, then eat, then study. yeah it's really exciting! i am so tired. who ever decided that waking up at 630 in the morning was a good idea was wrong! haha.

i miss home and you guys, but this is the Lord's work. we got to watch the fireworks for a minute on saturday so that was cool. it made me wish i was there with Rachel tho. it's going to be hard not to light a firework for two years!!! sorry that i'm not using very good puncuation, but e-mail time is too short to worry about such silly things!

so my companion is from cedar city. he's a nice elder. (we aren't supposed to say guy, kid, homie, etc. and it is HARD!!!) how is everyone doing??? i sent a letter today! if you guys want to write me back on dear elder then i will have a hard copy of your "emails" and won't have to waste time reading them then responding, i'll
have them right in front of me. so you can either email me back on this email, or just use dear elder, whatever works!

so i got my payback for not cleaning my bathroom! my first saturday service project me and Elder Heaps had to clean bathrooms! and one of the toilets was CLOGGED!!!!!!! so it's a good thing that i had 19 years of unclogging toliets under my belt! so i am deeply sorry to whoever had to clean mine, and i am deeply sorry that Rachel had to use it! haha.

well i miss you guys but this is where i'm supposed to be! the Lord will bless me, you, and the people of New York. i am so excited to just get there and start the real work!!! the day i got here was like a high school reunion! i saw taylor larson, eli robison, kay raymond, russell doria, so many elders from high school! it was fun.

so i found my mission scripture. tell the bishop. 2 Nephi 22:2 " Behold, God is my salvation; i will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation." this was a scary week! but i trust in my heavanly father and i know this is right! i love everyone!!!!

i love you guys. do something with Rachel before she moves to Idaho ok???? hugs and kisses to everyone! don't let lukey forget me!!!!! i LOVE and miss you guys!!

love, Elder Matthew Judson Daley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment