Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 12

September 5, 2011

Hola Padres!

So...I don't know if I should tell you where my area is ha ha. Cause it's in the HOOD! I'm a legit ghetto preacher!  It's not bad mom, don't worry! I like it. We have two different projects in our area. The South Jamaica Houses and the Baisley Projects. Cool fact about the Baisley projects - the rapper 50 Cent was born and grew up there! He was also shot in my area once haha.  Mom I'm sure I'm giving you a heart attack, it's totally safe. I like it here. For the first time in my life I am the minority! We get ont he bus and 50 black people/Latinos (sometimes) start at you haha. It's cool!

My new companions name is Elder Jake Parker. He is from California. I like him. He's a hard worker and he knows the area really well. It's good. The first full day I was here I got my first baptismal commit. His name is Francisco. He's like 57. I really like him. There's only one problem, he works on Sundays. So he has to talk to his boss to get his schedule changed. So let's keep our fingers crossed!

So I heard BYU beat Ole Miss 14-13! Woo-Hoo! I miss Puma football. That's so legit! I hope they beat Texas! This season could be the season - right pops? Keep me updated! Dad, someone told me the Nets is moving to Brooklyn. Is this true?? Look it up, let me know!

I'm doing good. We walk a lot. All day actually. So that's tiring. On Wednesday we had a dinner appointment at a Dominican family's house. Dominicans are crazy. Let's establish that right now. And they do NOT speak Spanish. They speak Dominican. haha So ya, it's cool. My Dominican is coming along well. The hardest part about Spanish is listening to the Natives they talk fast and mumble. But it's coming!

I love you all so much! Hows the job hunt going Madre? Pops, what's up with Uncle Layne? I want the whole story! So the hunt starts this month right? Yay!

So what happened after I hung up the phone? Did Rachel go right afteR? It was so fun talking to everyone! I am excited for Christmas! I love you!

Love Elder Matthew Daley, Ghetto Preachin in the Projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment