Monday, October 17, 2011

September 26, 2011

Hey Family!

So mom got on me for not writing a letter! haha yeah mom it's payback! No, P-Days just get busy. And I write Rachel because I can't email her. So if you don't get a letter every week I'm sorry, but I'll write as much as I can. How is everyone doing? Hows the hunt? Those pictures Uncle Pat sent dad were sweet! I hope to see some pictures of Pops and BJ holding some big ole buckskins!

I forgot to tell you in the email but I got to drive last week! Oh how I missed driving! It felt so good. People here drive CRAZY. It is kind scary haha. They're so rude too. They are constantly honking at each other. I miss the quiet streets of Provo. I have such a new love for home! Those clean quiet streets. Fresh Air. Houses. Yards. Green Grass. White people. Mountains. Oh the mountains! Provo is so beautiful! I met a lady here in Jamaica who knows Blake Roney is because of NuSkin. She works for them or some jazz. She was telling me how nice the people in Provo are. It was funny.

Right now we have some cool investigators. Francisco is still doing good. He still works on Sunday though so we can't really go anywhere until he comes to church. He's so awesome though! Dang work! Then we have the Castellanos. I think I sent a picture of them. They're not doing so good. Miguel (dad) is an alcoholic. And he tells us all week he'll be at church, then doesn't come because he's hung over. And Teresa (mom) just doesn't want to come to our church for some reason. She's got some problems from her childhood that make her kind of a mean person. It's sad. Then we have the Feuntes. They're a cool family! They are married! So that's a plus. No Spanish people are married. It's sad, but they are good! She has a lot of questions! The problem is they didn't come to church and they aren't reading that much! So we'll see. They're close! We got a new investigator yesterday named Nahum. He's pretty cool. He was hesitant at first. We have been trying to find him for like a month but he's never home! Then yesterday by "luck" (spirit) he was outside his house! So we sat down and talked to him about the Book of Mormon. It went really well. He asked us about our church and said he wanted to come check it out. Cool, huh?! We made fun of those churches who worship with rock music, cast out devils, and speak with tongues. haha it was funny. He was going off! He called them a naughty word in Spanish meaning "dumb butts". Thank you Timpview autoshop! haha

So it's going good! We're working hard! I"m tired all the time and it's the best. The mission is an emotional roller coaster! Constantly ups and downs. I'm so glad I'm here. I love it.

Thank you for all your support, Mom and Dad! I love you both so much! I'm sorry for being such a butt-head sometimes. I really am. Thank you for loving me anyways. I owe you guys so much! I love you! Hope all is well!

Love, Matthew Judson Daley

PS - Dad, how did our garden turn out this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment